VRQ Healthcare workers
EQF Level of the qualification:
Evaluate the core competences
needed for this job
needed for this job
Develop sensitivity and understanding. Have a desire to help people being able to work well with others.
To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.
Develop patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Support families who have new caring responsibilities; give emotional and practical support to children and young people.
How can the certification be obtained?
Validation of prior learning
Portfolio of Evidence
Description of the procedure for the validation of prior learning
From 1 January 2021, UK health and care professional regulatory bodies will have the ability to designate qualifications, meaning that a qualification can be removed from the near automatic recognition route. Such a designation will require Privy Council approval.
- Contact a consulting centre for validation of prior experience ENIC- UK National Information Centre https://www.enic.org.uk/
- A regulatory body receives and considers applications from applicants, provides applicants with all information about the requirements, procedures and formalities they need to complete in order to gain access to and pursue their regulated profession;
- They may request certified copies at a later stage in the event of justified doubts and where necessary;
- Assess applications in accordance with the provisions and timescales set out in the amended 2015 Regulation;
- Provide all relevant information about individual cases to the assistance centre on request
In order to regulate healthcare profession, regulatory body operate a Call for Evidence and will probably need:
- evidence of formal qualifications and any information necessary to determine the level and content of those qualifications;
- information concerning the applicant’s training to the extent necessary to determine the existence of potential substantial difference to the training requirements in the UK;
- the applicant’s fitness to practice and professional or financial standing;
- the applicant’s insurance cover;
- for professions that have patient safety implications, or for those professions where there is ‘a serious and concrete doubt’ about the sufficiency of the professional’s language knowledge, language controls can be imposed to ensure the applicant has sufficient knowledge of the language necessary for practising the profession
To assess your qualification, we advise you to consult centre provides information and advice on the comparability of overseas qualifications with those from the UK. The ENIC- UK National Information Centre acts as the national reference point for vocational qualifications
Is it possible to obtain a partial validation?: