Plasterers install, maintain and repair plasterboard in buildings, and apply decorative and protective coverings of plaster, cement and similar material to the interiors and exteriors of structures.
- applying one or more coats of plaster to interior walls and ceilings of buildings to produce a finished surface;
- measuring, marking and installing ornamental plaster panels, and casting and trimming ornamental plaster cornices;
- measuring, marking and cutting plasterboard, lifting and positioning panels and securing them to walls, ceilings and battens;
- covering joins and nail holes with wet plaster and sealing compounds, and smoothing them using wet brushes and sandpaper;
- applying protective and decorative coverings of cement, plaster and similar materials to exterior building surfaces;
- making and installing decorative plaster fixtures of fibrous plaster;
- applying and finishing acoustic, insulating and fireproofing materials bonded with plaster, plastic cement and similar materials.
Examples of the occupations:
- Dry wall plasterer
- Fibrous plasterer
- Ornamental plasterer
- Solid plasterer
- Stucco plasterer
ISCO skill level: