Diplôme d’État d'assistant de service social
needed for this job
- Contact a consulting centre for validation of prior experience (like Pôle emploi):
- to assess your professional project and make sure that validation of prior learning is adapted to your situation (you need to have at least 1 year of experience in the sector).
- to inquire if some support is available.
- Request for information from the ASP call centre (practical details, timetables for submitting applications and jury sessions, procedure ) and to receive the eligibility file ("booklet 1").
- Sending the completed eligibility file (booklet 1 completed and attachments) to the ASP
- The DRJSCS (The regional directorates for youth, sports and social cohesion) decides on the admissibility of your application and its decision is notified to you by the ASP within 2 months of the date of completion of the file, accompanied by the booklet to evaluate the acquired competences (or "booklet 2").
- A support (optional but recommended) can be provided by service providers such as health or social work training institutions (Depending on your situation, this support can be financed, cf. 1.)
- Sending the completed Booklet 2 to the ASP (within a maximum of three years after notification of admissibility)
- Convocation before the jury, according to the sessions scheduled by the DRJSCS.
- Interview with the jury, which can either validate all areas of competences, in this case the diploma will be issued, either to validate part of the diploma, or not validate anything.
- Sending by DRJSCS of the diploma in case of total success or a notification of the validated skills in case of partial success.
- Possibility to validate missing areas of competences for five years from the date of the first decision by the jury, either by opting for additional training to be able to take the corresponding exams, or by developing additional professional experience before making a new validation request.
Form to request admissibility to the validation of prior experience (Booklet 1)
Documents showing the duration of the experience as well as periods of initial or continuing training.
Depending on your previous status:
- Employed: payslips, employer certificates, experience certificate.
- Independant worker: depending on your status, fiscal declaration, certificate of existence.
- Volunteer: certificate signed by the organisation, volunteer contract.
A declaration of honour certifying that you apply for only one certification for the current calendar year.
Validation file (Booklet 2) that includes:
- A description of professional and personal experience (activities carried out in the social sector as well as the periods of initial and continuous training you may have followed to work in that sector).
- Evidence of the reality of your professional practice.
ASP, service délégation VAE
15 rue Léon Walras, CS 70902
87017 Limoges cedex 1
tel : 0810 017 710
In case of partial validation you may also benefit from specific support to set up additional training or experience programmes. Your adviser will inform you about the modalities and financing possibilities of this additional step.
Consulting centres for validation of prior experience (supported by Pôle emploi, Missions locales, Centres d’information sur les droits des femmes et des familles...): Choose your region.